After 14 rounds of regular season action and an intense Finals Series so far, the two best teams of the 2018 Netball NSW Premier League Under 20s competition have risen to the top and will contest the Grand Final tomorrow night.
Minor Premiers North Shore United will go head-to-head with GWS Fury in what promises to be one of the most hotly-contested deciders ever to grace the Show Court of the Genea Netball Centre.
United finished the regular season on top of the ladder with an impressive nine wins, two draws and three losses, and while GWS also managed nine wins over the same period it was their five losses that ultimately relegated them to second on the overall standings.
The teams last met a few weeks ago when they contested the Major Semi Final with United putting in a dominant display to win 58-39 and advance straight into the Grand Final, forcing Fury into a do-or-die clash Preliminary Final against Central Coast Heart – which they won 65-42.
And while United may have won well in the sides’ last meeting, GWS Fury need only look back to Round 9 for inspiration when they beat their Grand Final opponents 53-48.
It’s too close to call, but it certainly promises to be a Finale fitting for another fantastic Under 20s competition in 2018.
GRAND FINALS VIEWING GUIDE
Under 20s – Tuesday, 25 Sept 2018 – North Shore United V GWS Fury – 7:30pm TICKETS
The Premier League Grand Final is a ticketed event and tickets can be purchased on the links above.
Details to note:
- Doors open at 6:30pm.
- 2018 Premier League Season Pass Holders already receive entry for the Grand Final; therefore do not need to purchase a ticket.
- 2018 Premier League Player/Officials Passes will only be honoured for the players/officials featuring in the Grand Final. Players/officials from other teams who are not playing in the Grand Final but wish to attend as spectators will be required to purchase a ticket.
- This is a general admission event and capacity is capped and spectators are encouraged to purchase their ticket early to avoid disappointment should the venue capacity be reached.
- Concession Tickets cannot be purchased online. These can only be purchased at the door on the night if the event has not sold out prior.
- Get in early and purchase your ticket so that you don’t miss out on seeing what should be two fantastic Grand Finals.
For any queries concerning venue entry ticketing please contact the Genea Netball Centre venue team on 02 9951 5000 email@example.com
All other queries can be directed to Eliza Nelson, Competitions and Pathways Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9951 5030.