After a fantastic third season, the 2018 Netball NSW Premier League draws to a close at the Genea Netball Centre with the Opens Grand Final.
Having finished first and second on the regular season ladder, ERNA Hawks and Central Coast Heart really have been the standout sides of this year’s Opens competition.
ERNA, who were crowned Minor Premiers after 14 rounds of action, only dropped two games in the round robin on their way to winning 12 of 14 games. Central Coast, for their part, were almost as impressive, losing only three times and registering 11 wins from 14 games.
It set up a thrilling Major Semi Final with Central Coast Heart just getting the better of the Hawks – 59-57 – to advance straight into this year’s decider and forcing the Minor Premiers into a do-or-die Preliminary Final clash with the Manly Warringah Sapphires.
That game turned out to be another rip-roaring classic with ERNA edging the contest 67-66 to set up another meeting with the Heart.
Despite the Major Semi Final result, the Hawks have performed well against their Grand Final rivals in 2018. They beat them 66-50 in Round 7 and 64-57 in Round 14, however, the Heart need look no further back than two weeks ago for inspiration.
The stage is set for a thrilling finale and we can’t wait.
GRAND FINALS VIEWING GUIDE
Opens – Wednesday, 26 Sept 2018 – Central Coast Heart V ERNA Hawks – 7:30pm GET TICKETS
The Premier League Grand Final is a ticketed event and tickets can be purchased on the links above.
Details to note:
- Doors open at 6:30pm.
- 2018 Premier League Season Pass Holders already receive entry for the Grand Final; therefore do not need to purchase a ticket.
- 2018 Premier League Player/Officials Passes will only be honoured for the players/officials featuring in the Grand Final. Players/officials from other teams who are not playing in the Grand Final but wish to attend as spectators will be required to purchase a ticket.
- This is a general admission event and capacity is capped and spectators are encouraged to purchase their ticket early to avoid disappointment should the venue capacity be reached.
- Concession Tickets cannot be purchased online. These can only be purchased at the door on the night if the event has not sold out prior.
- Get in early and purchase your ticket so that you don’t miss out on seeing what should be two fantastic Grand Finals.
For any queries concerning venue entry ticketing please contact the Genea Netball Centre venue team on 02 9951 5000 email@example.com
All other queries can be directed to Eliza Nelson, Competitions and Pathways Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9951 5030.